- Location: East Kent
- Salary: £55.31 per hour
- Department: Primary Care Mental Health Service
- Hours: 27
- Available from: 12/07/2022
- Closing date: 14/08/2022
- NHS Link
This vacancy is no longer available for applications.
Invicta Health are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Primary Care Mental Health team and take responsibility for providing medical guidance and advice across East Kent on behalf of Invicta Health CIC and in accordance with local commissioning arrangements.
Main duties of the job
The role includes providing direct clinical advice and guidance to patients, GPs and Clinicians as well as adhering to governance processes within Invicta Health CIC.
The successful candidate will need to be responsive according to the needs of the service as well as be able to work as part of a wider PCMHS team across Kent in a variety of locations and bases.
Car driver essential for this role and the ability to travel across East Kent in a timely manner
- Provide medical input as required to patients under care of the Primary Care Mental Health Specialist Team.
- To provide assessment and medication advice as required for individuals referred to the wider PCMHS team and to give advice directly to GPs referring into the service.
- Jointly screen new referrals to the team as part of MDT working and give advice.
- Provide medical reviews as required with treatment, intervention recommendations and advice regarding medication within the primary care remit.
- Visit patients within clinical settings and any necessary home visits as requested by the PCMHS team or General Practitioners.
- Availability to see patients elsewhere in the community as required.
- Able to support Non-Medical Nurse Prescribers (NMP’s) within the PCMHS team and provide mentoring and supervision of clinical practice.
- Provide clinical supervision to the wider PCMHS team.
- Offer training and support to the wider PCMHS team either on an individual basis or to the wider team.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively on the clinical EMIS system evidencing patient contact and consultation details, providing written clinical correspondence updating the GP’s of consultations held with outcomes and recommendations.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for East Kent and, as appropriate, for the whole Primary Care Mental Health Specialist Service including North Kent.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- Experience of working at Consultant level.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education
- Qualification or higher degree in clinical research
- Qualification or higher degree in management.
- MBBS or Equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
- Included on the GMC specialist register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment.
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge in adult mental health.
- Experience of community psychiatry.
- Good working understanding of the full range of treatment approaches applied to the breadth of presentations in adult psychiatry.
- Clinical expertise in the assessment and management of risk.
- Good working knowledge of the interface between the MCA and MHA
- Ability to apply a range of Pharmacological, Psychological and Social Treatment skills.
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- High degree of both written and verbal communication skills
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Experience of working with patients in crisis.
- Experience of working with substance misuse services.
- Experience of working with patients with personality disorder.
- Experience and working knowledge of physical health.
Invicta Health are a non-profit company, with a passion for primary care. We have a wide range of services such as GP surgeries, services in Urgent Care Centres, a Community Primary Care mental health service, GP staff training service and the list is growing all the time.
We are formed by a federation of General Practitioners working in Canterbury and South Kent Coast areas of East Kent.
Our aim is to provide local, high quality services for local people by collaborating with other established organisations in the health and social care community.
What perks can we offer you?
- NHS Pension
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Progression opportunities
- Agenda for change annual leave entitlement
- Incremental pay progression
- Flexible working
- Approved blue light card provider