Operational Support Assistant
- Location: The Marsh Practices
- Salary: AfC Band 4
- Department: Administration
- Hours: Full time
- Available from: 18/11/2021
- Closing date: 03/12/2021
- NHS Link
Accountable to the Assistant Operations Manager, the Operational Support Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive, confidential and professional support to the Operations and Assistant Operations Manager in all aspects concerned with the efficient and successful operation of Church Lane & Martello Health Centre
Main duties of the job
To maintain and provide a daily support service to the Operations and Assistant Operations Manager to include diary management and co-ordinating and collating all relevant paperwork.
We are a non-profit company, with a passion for primary care. We have a wide range of services such as GP surgeries, services in Urgent Treatment Centres, a Community Primary Care mental health service, GP staff training service and the list is growing all the time.
We are formed by a federation of General Practitioners working in Canterbury and South Kent Coast areas of East Kent.
Our aim is to provide local, high quality services for local people by collaborating with other established organisations in the health and social care community.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: We are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Invicta Health reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
- To maintain and provide a daily support service to the Operations and Assistant Operations Manager to include diary management and co-ordinating and collating all relevant paperwork.
- To set appointments and meetings for the Operations and Assistant Operations Manager as requesting including regular one to meetings with his/her direct reports.
- Coordination of the GPs, Nurses, Paramedics and Clinical Pharmacists working across Martello and Church Lane Health Centres; resourcing GPs when necessary, circulating the weekly rotas.
- Set-up regular meetings prepare agendas, take minutes and prepare action logs from meetings
- Co-ordinate GPs, Nurses, Paramedics and Clinical Pharmacists across Church Lane, Martello Health Centre and Orchard House
- Source Clinical cover
- Prepare and circulate the weekly Clinical Rota
- Add weekly clinics to the booking system
- Manage room allocations for CL/MHC
- Organise Calibration of clinical equipment
- Arrange maintenance for both sites including gaining quotes for repairs
- Maintain waste records
- Maintain annual leave and sickness records, liaising with Practice Manager to ensure appropriate cover
- Maintain annual leave and sickness records, liaising with the Practice Manager to ensure appropriate cover
- Monitor and order stationery, equipment and uniforms for both practices
- Maintain, amend and update the telephone system as necessary
- Audit Clinical rotas on a weekly basis and forward to accounts
- Run the morning Huddle
- Problem solve IT issues and equipment
- Keep accurate Petty Cash records
- Arrange new GP/ANP inductions
- Level 3 Maths & English
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience of minuting meetings and circulating
- Experience of managing staff rotas
- Computer literacy, including good word processing skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- An ability to troubleshoot technical problems with IT equipment and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task and prioritise work
- Previous experience of processing complex workload
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.